Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MKNSSDCR240GB Freezing Up

MKNSSDCR240GB Freezing Up 5 months 2 weeks ago #2080

• tweety
  • Fresh Boarder
I have had the MKNSSDCR240GB Chronos running Windows 7 64 bit for just under a year. All of sudden, I turn on my monitor and see No Boot Device. I shut the computer down and tried to restart several times with no luck. I turned off the computer and came back an hour later and it booted into Windows fine. I logged into Windows and it froze up within about 5 minutes. I reboot and No Boot Device. I wait, then it will boot into Windows. I upgraded the Firmware to the latest (5.07 I think) successfully, but locked up about a minute after updating. I shut down, came back a little while later and it booted up fine and the Firmware was installed successfully. I'm fairly certain that this might be related to hard drive, but not totally sold on that conclusion. Is there an SSD tool that can troubleshoot to see if this is the Hard Drive that might be defective, or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MKNSSDCR240GB Freezing Up 5 months 2 weeks ago #2081

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi,

When the system locks up, can you still move the cursor?

Other than the firmware update, any other recent updates like to Windows or new programs/utilities/BIOS?

Any other hard drives on the system? If there are do you get the same symptom if you disconnect them?

MKNSSDCR240GB Freezing Up 5 months 2 weeks ago #2082

• tweety
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes there is one other hard drive. I flipped the drives around and it detects the other drive with the cables from the SSD so I have ruled that out. I did try unplugging the other drive and just having the SSD but that didn't make a difference. Below are a few other items that I have tried.

* The cursor does not move when froze up.
* The BIOS will not detect Hard Drive.
* Before it froze up, I checked and no recent Windows Updates.
* I did upgrade the MB Firmware, but that didn't make a difference.
* It took a few times, but I did get it to detect the drive and it is now plugged in via USB to SATA Adapter to my Laptop. I can see the files on the drive. Is there anyway to check functionality while plugged up this way?

MKNSSDCR240GB Freezing Up 5 months 2 weeks ago #2083

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
Is the drive remaining connected with the USB dock?
Can you move files from the drive, like can you copy a file from the SSD to the laptop or from the laptop to the SSD?

What is the mobo for the system?

MKNSSDCR240GB Freezing Up 5 months 2 weeks ago #2084

• tweety
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I can move files, just completed a few. The MOBO is Asus Maximus V GENE with i7 Chip and 8 GB of RAM. I haven't tried plugging it back to the original computer it came from, still hooked up via USB. Attached is the Crystal Report from being connected via USB.

MKNSSDCR240GB Freezing Up 5 months 2 weeks ago #2085

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
The Crystal screen shot did not attach, it probably does not tell us much anyway, as I doubt this will show up in one of the SMART attributes.

Try it on the SATA port again, if you get the same symptom try enabling hot plugging in the BIOS, if it still does it I think there is something going wonky in the power circuitry of the drive and it should be replaced.

If that is the case start a support ticket here and we'll get it replaced.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds