Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Redline 997122R 2400 & ASUS Z87 Expert ...

Redline 997122R 2400 & ASUS Z87 Expert ... 1 year 5 months ago #990

• jimrun
Sean,

Just curious on how the bios update would be addressed ...
... is this information that ASUS already has or has access to, & needs to address the Mushkin memory XMP 1.3 "coding" in an ASUS bios update ...
... or, is this something Mushkin would address in the XMP "coding" of the actual memory modules to work within the Z87 bios parameters ??

Sorry if it sounds like I'm not real up on this sort of thing, but I'm not ...
... I don't know if "coding" is the correct term for this type of thing, but hopefully you will know what I'm trying to say ...

Thanks again Sean ... B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Redline 997122R 2400 & ASUS Z87 Expert ... 1 year 5 months ago #991

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 92
The Q-code thing will have to be fixed by Asus, it is displaying incorrectly.
Whether Q-code is not able to beyond 51 or it is just plain displaying the wrong number, I don't know.
Whatever the issue is it will eventually be fixed by a BIOS update, but no worries it is a very minor bug.

If the mobo really was really stuck at memory initialization it would not finish POST. If the mobo was not able to initialize the memory, some of the possible reasons would be invalid memory type or incompatible speed(which is actually highly unlikely)
Obviously the mobo is getting beyond memory initialization as you are in the O/S.

Redline 997122R 2400 & ASUS Z87 Expert ... 1 year 5 months ago #994

• jimrun
According to a trusted source, with an ASUS contact :
... "on the Z87 Expert board, the Q Code of "51" is reporting the successful detection of the onboard Thunderbolt controller" ...
... as I have experienced, the system is running fine with the Q Code :51; & all is absolutely proper according to the ASUS contact ...
... & he reports that "the "test" code 51 is to be removed in the next bios release" ... B)

The one thing I have noticed in the bios is that when AI OC Tuner is in the Auto Mode @ 1600 MHz ...
... the DRAM Voltage is reading 1.646v-1.649v, instead of the expected & spec'd 1.5v ...
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by jimrun.

Redline 997122R 2400 & ASUS Z87 Expert ... 1 year 5 months ago #997

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 92
Ahh OK they are going to fix that in the next BIOS update B)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds