Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mushkin Chronos 240GB Deluxe broken?

Mushkin Chronos 240GB Deluxe broken? 2 months 1 week ago #2069

• techleash
  • Fresh Boarder
I bought it last summer, and right out of the box I noticed that it would hang for a long while, either resulting in a BSOD or resuming (up to 5-10 minutes) when it was doing things like applying windows updates, etc. When I ran benchmarking utilities such as AS SSD it would BSOD and reboot. I didn't think think it was neccessarily the disk as I tried the JMicron controller on the mobo and the disk would work, although very slowly. But it would still hang on write, just with the JMicron controller it would actually finish whatever it was doing, such as benchmarking. I figured the intel sata controllers were broken or something. Recently I got the chance to benchmark it on another computer and got these results.

When it started the Seq write test it went at 200~MB/s for a couple of seconds, then plummeted down to below 1~MB/s and took a few minutes to complete, this also happened with the 4K-64Thrd test. We tested the other SSD that was on the computer (a Corsair Force SSD) and the AS SSD results were fine there. After this test I did some bios changes (enable hot swapping, disabling C3/C6) and any AS SSD benchmark run resulted in an IO crash and the disk dissapearing from disk management.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mushkin Chronos 240GB Deluxe broken? 2 months 1 week ago #2071

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80
Hi,

There is something not right with that drive.
I think it should be replaced, start a support ticket here poweredbymushkin.com/support/mushkin-support-center

Have you contacted the place of purchase to see if they will replace it for you?

Mushkin Chronos 240GB Deluxe broken? 2 months 6 days ago #2075

• techleash
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah I've gotten a replacement disk. I've now got a low profile edition, I'll reply once I've tested it.

Mushkin Chronos 240GB Deluxe broken? 2 months 6 days ago #2076

• techleash
  • Fresh Boarder
Looks good to me!

Mushkin Chronos 240GB Deluxe broken? 2 months 6 days ago #2078

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80
That looks much better! :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds