Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MKNSSDPS240GB-3 vs MKNSSDCR240GB-DX7

MKNSSDPS240GB-3 vs MKNSSDCR240GB-DX7 4 months 23 hours ago #2184

• Ken429
  • Fresh Boarder
MushkinSean,
Help me out with a brief "tutorial" on why I would spend twice as much for the SF 2285 based drives vs the SF 2281 based drives. I understand the eMLC advantage but is there any real reason from a boot drive performance standpoint? I got a bunch of Chronos and Chronos DX drives and think I'm happy since I use them as the Windows boot drive. If I were to get crazy and want to use SSD for storage on my Home Server will the large number of MP3 and Movie files start to show the compressed data issue with the SF 2281 drives? What about the SF 2285? And then there is the Samsung 840 Pro and the new Intel drives, are they going to handle compressed data so much better that I would even notice the difference in real world experience?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MKNSSDPS240GB-3 vs MKNSSDCR240GB-DX7 3 months 4 weeks ago #2187

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 87
Unless you are running an enterprise level server with tons of writes there would be no benefit to using the ProSpec drive.

For performance, compression, etc, there is no advantage. The ProSpec series is specifically for enterprise systems that do tons and tons of writes so they have the enterprise level NAND.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds