Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can't Update the Firmware

Can't Update the Firmware 4 months 6 days ago #2248

Hello, I'm in trouble to update the firmware of my Chronos 120GB.
The present fw is 501, I'm trying to update to 507 following the provided guides.

The storage configuration in the BIOS is set to AHCI.

In Windows the update process goes smooth but then the firmware is not updated (my Gygabyte MA790XT has an AMD Chipset but under Windows 8.1 I have already a Standard AHCI Controller...).

In Parted Magic Field Updater cannot find the drive at all -yet I can see all my drives under the File Manager ad example.
I have no knowledge of Linux, I've just followed the guide, maybe there is something else to do...

The reason behind my wish to upgrade the firmware is that Windows crashed already two times in the last two months, to the point the recovery process was unable to restore it. Active SMART monitor says that I better back up my data as the drive performance is going down fast so before RMA the drive I thought it would be good to update the firmware...

I'm lost, any idea on how to update the firmware or, more in particular, way I can't even do it in Parted Magic?
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't Update the Firmware 4 months 5 days ago #2249

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 88
Hi,

When you launch the updater in Windows are you right clicking and running as admin?

What attribute is the SMART utility say is failing?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds