Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MKNP22SC480GB no longer detected

MKNP22SC480GB no longer detected 2 months 1 week ago #2286

• Jrussell
  • Fresh Boarder
so I have a MKNP22SC480GB PCIE drive and the other day the system it was in stopped booting to windows. I could not access the drives bios or see the drive in the M/B bios. I put the drive in another system and it does not see it in windows either. it also seems to cause the system to have a rather long pause at a black screen between the POST message and windows start up. I am concerned the drive has failed. however I wonder if there is a way to reset the drives RAID bios? There does not seem to be a button or jumper that I can find on the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i can't seem to locate an online manual anywhere.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Jrussell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MKNP22SC480GB no longer detected 2 months 1 week ago #2287

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 87
There is no jumper on the drive.

When you try to start the drive, is there a constantly lit LED on either one of the SSDs?

MKNP22SC480GB no longer detected 2 months 6 days ago #2301

• Jrussell
  • Fresh Boarder
when I first power the system a red LED flashes on both drives then the red LED flashes on the outside drive once then nothing. when the card is installed in the system it hangs on the M/B splash screen for about 5 minutes before moving on. hitting tab does nothing till the 5 or so minutes is up then the machine will flash the post screen or go to the bios if i hit delete. after that it sits at a black screen for another roughly 5 minutes before it moves on to the windows splash screen. this is on a second system with windows on a separate H/D. when the drive is installed in the original machine it does not boot to windows.

MKNP22SC480GB no longer detected 2 months 6 days ago #2304

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 87
The LEDs flashing on the SSDs is normal, that will be the activity LEDs.
Sounds like it may be something in the RAID card itself.

I assume that once you do get into Windows with the drive as a secondary, that it is not detected in disk management or device manager?

If not you are going to need to start a support ticket here to get it replaced.
We also need a copy of the proof of purchase(invoice) to get the RMA approved, just attach it to your ticket.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds