Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RedLine 997007 Timings & D.O.C.P.

RedLine 997007 Timings & D.O.C.P. 1 year 3 months ago #1083

• VectorRoll
I have a question on this RedLine Memory. 997007
When I set my BIOS to use D.O.C.P. on my ASUS SaberTooth 990FX and I select the 1866MHz Profile I notice that the CPU Ratio and CPU Bus Frequency changes like they should. But when I go to down to the DRAM Timing Control the Timings are not listed as what the specs for this RAM are. What the Timings list are (9/9/9/24).

Do I have to set that Manually when using D.C.O.P. or does it not matter when using the Profiles?

The Timings for the 997007 RedLine 1866MHz are listed as this:
tCL: 9
tRCD: 10
tRP: 9
tRAS: 27
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RedLine 997007 Timings & D.O.C.P. 1 year 3 months ago #1084

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 90
Hi,

Normally you should not need to set the timings manually when you use the DOCP, it is suppose to follow the XMP profile.
In this case I would set the primary timings manually to 9-10-9-27 1T just to make sure.

RedLine 997007 Timings & D.O.C.P. 1 year 3 months ago #1086

• VectorRoll
Thanks for the Fast reply.
I'll do that.

One other question. The Voltage for the DRAM is set to AUTO. Is that OK for use with the profiles or should it be locked at 1.5v? Right now in the BIOS it list it around 1.503v give or take a fraction as it fluctuates while on AUTO. That is practically what it needs to be but I am not sure how much it changes while under load.

RedLine 997007 Timings & D.O.C.P. 1 year 3 months ago #1087

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 90
The DRAM voltage is fine on auto, it is set to 1.50V so that is perfect.
Even if you set it manually to 1.5V is would tend to fluctuate as much as you are seeing with the auto setting, that is pretty normal.

RedLine 997007 Timings & D.O.C.P. 1 year 3 months ago #1088

• VectorRoll
Cool, thanks for the help. This is my first time using Mushkin RAM.
So far I am pleased with this RAM. It already is faster than my last set from another vendor. Plus the Red matches nicely with my Red NZXT Phantom case.
Thanks again for the help and very fast response. It is very much appreciated. :)

RedLine 997007 Timings & D.O.C.P. 11 months 2 weeks ago #1759

• VectorRoll
I see that my thread was still on the first page, so since I have a bit more questions about this memory I might as well use it again instead of making a new one.

I finally got my other kit of this Memory today. I bought it off of Newegg. It is listed as the exact same SKU, 997007 PC3-14900 with the timings of 9-10-9-27. This is on the package and on the chips themselves. The Ram was bought from two different locations at two different times.
Here is what I have noticed from the two. In CPU-Z and my PC Mark Vantage, the new kit is listed at 667MHz. The first kit is being listed as 800MHz. From what I have found out, this listing is the Default Boot Designation. I just want to make sure that this is the case, so I am coming here to ask. The timings table listed in CPU-Z is also a little different between the two kits.

So I have to ask.
Does it make any difference if my Max Bandwith in CPU-Z is different? Is that just the Default Boot Designation?
Also on the stickers for the memory on both the packages and memory sticks list them as PC3-14900. Why does CPU-Z not list that instead?

I have the memory manually setup in the BIOS to 9-10-9-27 at 1866MHz in the BIOS. They seem to be running pretty good so far. I just want to make sure that all of this is alright. That I do not have to try and return the new kit to match the first.
So my last question is this. Should I return the new kit to get a matching kit, or will I be alright with what I have?

Here are pics of what CPU-Z list if you all wish to see.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds