Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blackline 996776

Blackline 996776 11 months 4 days ago #1480

• AWR
I previously purchased a set of the Blackline 996776 2 x 4GB mem, which has worked flawlessly, and recently added another set of the same in an effort to bring up my total RAM.

However, the new sticks and old sticks will not work together in conjunction in the four memory slots on my motherboard (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3). The two old sticks work just fine. The two new sticks work just fine. However, the four together will not allow the machine to boot (three long beeps with no boot up). One stick of the old and one stick of the new will not allow the machine to boot up.

They register identical on CPU-Z, but will not work together at all.

Suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blackline 996776 11 months 4 days ago #1491

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 87
Hi,

Do all the sticks have the same number of chips on them?
If you look underneath the heat spreaders from the bottom you should be able to see how many chips are on the PCB, are they all 16 total(8 per side)?

Blackline 996776 11 months 4 days ago #1494

• AWR
MushkinSean wrote:
Hi,

Do all the sticks have the same number of chips on them?
If you look underneath the heat spreaders from the bottom you should be able to see how many chips are on the PCB, are they all 16 total(8 per side)?

The older sticks appear to have 16 total chips on them. The newer sticks appear to have eight chips on one side of the PCB and a single solid mass on the other.

Blackline 996776 11 months 3 days ago #1495

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 87
That would be the problem, one set of memory is 1R and the older is 2R, you'll need to RMA a pair of those sticks.
Start a support ticket here here and we'll get you fixed up
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds