Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ventura Ultra - question for Sean

Ventura Ultra - question for Sean 4 months 3 weeks ago #2137

• w.a.y.n.e
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Sean,

I've got a 120GB Ventura Ultra on pre-order with a distributor here in the UK, they already have the 240GB models in stock.

I asked today for an idea on the lead time, and the reply was another 1-2 weeks, and that there was some production delay due to a flash component change forcing a pcb change due to compatibility issues or something.

So, here's my question - have they had an issue/problem forcing this change, or have you changed NAND chips causing an incompatibility ? and in turn necessitating a change ?

Given that the company i am dealing with has the 240GB models in stock, should i just switch my order over to one of those ? or would it be prudent to wait ?
Current Mushkin Items :- Chronos 120, Chronos Deluxe 120, Callisto Deluxe 60, Callisto 40, Prospector 4,8 and 32, Ventura Plus 32, Ventura Pro 64, Ventura Ultra 120 (pre-order)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ventura Ultra - question for Sean 4 months 3 weeks ago #2139

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 87
It will likely be a couple of weeks before more Ultras start showing up again at retailers.

The delay with these has been more of BOM issue, a production issue, not a compatibility issue with the drive.

Whether you should get a 240GB or not, that comes down to whether you are willing to wait for the 120GBs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: w.a.y.n.e

Ventura Ultra - question for Sean 4 months 3 weeks ago #2140

• w.a.y.n.e
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Sean, BOM ?
Current Mushkin Items :- Chronos 120, Chronos Deluxe 120, Callisto Deluxe 60, Callisto 40, Prospector 4,8 and 32, Ventura Plus 32, Ventura Pro 64, Ventura Ultra 120 (pre-order)

Ventura Ultra - question for Sean 4 months 3 weeks ago #2143

• MushkinSean
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 87
BOM = Build of Materials .

Ventura Ultra - question for Sean 4 months 3 weeks ago #2145

• w.a.y.n.e
  • Fresh Boarder
ah ok, thanks :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds